Sunday, November 29, 2009

Two Trips - One Entry

I've been slacking. The Fall has been wet, wet & wet. I haven't been able to get out much and when I did it was for a short little journey traveling over familiar ground. This first trip was about a month ago. Elizabeth and I took off on a Sunday afternoon as the weather was cooperating.


It wasn't raining but it was cold. I remember my eyes tearing throughout the trip and Elizabeth commenting on the salt lines coming from my eyes when we got back to the house.


We rode down to the dam and went for a walk along the shore for awhile.



I was seeing how close I could get to a gray haron, which wasn't very close. I disturbed him from his hangout and he flew to the shore we had just come from. When we walked back he flew off and went right back to his spot under the tree.





The second trip was a couple weeks ago with Dylan. The weather had broke and it was warm enough for me to leave the leather at home (although by the end of the trip I wish I had worn the jacket anyhow - it got cold).


We rode through LaGrange and down to Warm Springs and walked around with the hundred or so other bikers who were taking advantage of the day. The day was perfect. I picked up a face mask and neck warmer at Xtreme Leather for those cold morning rides to work.



After Warm Springs, we rode down to, and through, Pine Mountain. From there we went over to West Point, across the dam and back home through Alabama. The mileage counter hit 100.0 as we coasted into the driveway. All for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment