Monday, July 20, 2009

East to Zebulon

The day was open, the weather was perfect and I knew that I was on call next weekend. After staring at the map for a good 30 minutes, I finally asked Elizabeth which direction she wanted to head in - North, South, East or West. She said that we don't normally go East, so that is where we went.


It took us awhile to get through LaGrange, but things opened up nicely once we got past the exits for 85 and headed into the country. As there was no destination and only a direction, we just cruised and enjoyed the day and held our breath as we passed the occasional carnage being cleaned up by the vultures. At one point we passed about 8 on the ground and 3 in the air taking care of an opossum on the half shell.



As we were riding I found my destination - Zebulon. A small town with a memorable name.

We'd been riding for about an hour when I spotted a gazebo to stop at and enjoy that thermos of coffee that we'd brought along. As we sat and enjoyed our brew, we watched the many other bikes out enjoying the day.


We reached our destination and Elizabeth graciously took my picture to show that we successfully completed our journey.


We took a side road on the way home and ended up in Warm Springs where we walked around for awhile before heading back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment