Sunday, September 19, 2010

McIntosh Reserve Park

I left debated on whether I should ride with my family or go solo on the bike behind everyone. The day was beautiful and I knew the colder weather would be here in a couple months, so my rubber arm was easily twisted into the saddle.



It was a short ride that amounted to 110 miles total. We planned on going up to McIntosh Reserve Park in Carroll County and then back through Newnan for a little window shopping and coffee.


Sarah Joy took position as photographer in the cage as I cruised along behind or beside them.


The park has some beautiful wooded roads and I spotted a copperhead slithering off the road as we entered the park. Elizabeth had already pulled over, because she knew that I would be doing the same. Unfortunately, we believe this snake was hit prior to us getting there because it was moving awkwardly and had some blood on one side of its head. We ended up walking by it later in the day and it didn't look good. I love these snakes and have been graced to see a number of them in our travels.


We didn't have a definitive plan, so we found a trail and just started walking. Our only goal was to hit the "water park" and walk along the water way.



The water park amounted to a couple fountain type things that would get you wet. I liked the mushroom.


We visited a small family cemetery where most of the graves were from the 1800s.



They also have a replica of an old cabin that was used as a inn.



Your faithful narrator



The Chattahoochee runs through the reserve and we saw people fishing, boating and just enjoying view.


Elizabeth along the Chattahoochee


Dylan tearing up the trails on his unicycle



After we left the park, we went into Newnan and enjoyed a cup of coffee at Barnes & Noble before heading home.

1 comment:

  1. Aaron and I camped many times at McIntosh Reserve when I was in college. Nothing like sleeping in your tent and hearing the water rushing by you.

    ReplyDelete