Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pine Mountain Trail

Dylan took the back seat this time around. We left around 9:00 in hopes of beating most of the summer heat. I left the leather home this time and was very thankful when we made the return trip around 1:00.


The last time we took this hike the road was horrible because of construction. Construction is now complete and the roads were a dream. Newly paved = beautiful ride. We also rode by some fields that had been newly cut and you just can't beat that smell.

Eventually got off of that road and got on another with a lot of airborne dirt/dust and if felt like my face was being sand blasted. After about 10 miles, we found the culprit, which was a road cleaner that was doing far more damage than good.


I was falling behind taking pictures so the crew took a break to wait for me.


The first picture of this is totally washed out. Dylan showed me how to adjust the light coming into the picture and hopefully my future black & whites will be a little more balanced. We'll see...


This is where we park while we take the hike. The view is on one side and the country store is on the other.


Lunch under the flowering tree. I forget the name but Elizabeth knows it and I'll ask her if you really want to know. Unfortunately, the ants were also enjoying the shade and this pretty picture ended up in mayhem with Jessie Ann getting bit in the butt and everyone else vigorously swatting ants off of their persons. I missed out on the fun...as I was taking the picture instead of sitting there.


Sarah Joy took this one and I like it, so, here it is.


Dylan being goofy while I try and maintain the image. My family ride either in front or behind me and they confirm that Dylan is goofy most of the time on the back of the bike.






Finally, a couple more road shots that Sarah Joy took. She has managed to take some nice shots during our outings. We need to get a convertible so that she doesn't have to shoot through the glass.


1 comment: